Mini-Course Series Available in Teachable
In addition to the online courses already available to members at no cost at all, MSTA now offers a new Mini-Course Series. The Mini-Course Series consists of various pre-recorded webinars that allow participants to watch the webinar of their choice and then take a short quiz. Upon successful completion of the quiz, a certificate of completion documenting 0.5 hours of professional learning is issued. This is a great option for educators needing documentation of professional learning for Career Ladder or other requirements. If no certificate of completion is needed, the webinars can be accessed at https://motea.ch/ Webinars.
Managing Trauma & Classroom Behaviors Retreat
Join us Sept. 8-10, 2023 at Bunker Hill Retreat in Mountain View, Missouri for an insightful weekend of learning and connection. It is a stressful time in education. To carry out the work we want to accomplish in the classroom, we must first understand the impact of stress on the brain and our students' basic needs. Using the principles of the Neurosequential Model and traumatology helps us to better address factors such as disruptive behavior, low motivation and other behaviors that teachers are currently seeing in their classrooms. First, we must learn how to reach our students. Then, we can teach our students.
- Gain an understanding of how childhood trauma impacts learning and behavior
- Understand the basic principles of the Neurosequential Model
- Understand how to make adjustments to current procedures in order to create a brainfriendly environment
- Learn ways to incorporate intellectual safety into learning tasks
What you get:
- Training facilitated by MSTA Professional Developer, Darbie Valenti Huff
- Lodging on Friday and Saturday night at the scenic Bunker Hill Retreat
- Three meals on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday Register at msta.org/events.