The 2023 MSTA convention will be November 16-17 at the Holiday Inn Executive Center in Columbia, Missouri.
Breakout sessions take place on Thursday afternoon and Friday morning. Sessions can be 60 minutes in length or two hours to allow for deeper learning.
Each session’s presenter(s) will receive an honorarium that will be a fair compensation. The amount of the compensation will be determined based upon the presentation format of this event.
Roundtrip mileage will be reimbursed at the rate of $0.50 per mile.
Proposals are suggested but not limited to the following topics:
- Behavior Management
- Best practices for classroom teachers teaching students with special needs
- Best practices for ELL/Migrant students
- Blended learning/Flipped Classrooms
- Brain-Based Teaching and Learning
- Differentiated Instruction
- Engagement of learners
- Effective Feedback and Formative Assessment
- Game-based learning
- Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS)
- Personalized Learning
- Project Based Learning
- Self-Care/ Work-Life balance
- Social Emotional Learning
- Standard-Based Teaching and Learning
- Trauma-Informed Teaching
- Understanding by Design (UbD)
Your proposal should fall into at least one of the following categories:
Share innovative practices on creating a culture of trust and sense of community in the classroom through culturally responsive relationships
Present practices that help establish and maintain a safe and effective learning environment, by encouraging student interaction, meeting the needs of students’ well-being, minimizing disruptions, increase and manage productivity of the student or the educator.
Instructional Design and Student Engagement
Share engaging learning experiences that promote student engagement and boost achievement while meeting the needs of diverse learners
Submission and Selection Process
The deadline for submitting proposals is August 31. All proposals must be submitted using the online form on the MSTA website. You will receive a confirmation for your records indicating your proposal has been received. A group of educators will review each session proposal. Presenters will be notifiedthe week of September 18 – 23 if their proposal is accepted. Submit a separate form for each presentation topic.
Proposals will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- How the content adds value to instruction?
- How the content impacts student learning?
- How the content enhances educator acumen?
- How the content aligns to the Missouri Teacher Standards?
- How the content aligns to School Improvement Plans?
Accepted presenters must return completed/signed agreement by September 29.
Contact Deana Layton Ogden if you have any questions.